We’re Hiring: Communications & Marketing Manager
Want to be part of building better, more inclusive cities and have fun doing it? Are you a strategic thinker, storyteller, and communicator who likes to think big, build new relationships, and drive real and meaningful impact? Consider applying to become the Communications and Marketing Manager at CivicAction!
Communications & Marketing Manager
Position Length: Permanent
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000 annually, 3 weeks vacation, employee benefits and professional development opportunities
- This position is located in downtown Toronto in an open-concept work space.
- Due to COVID19, our team is currently working from home full time. Resources will be provided to enable remote work.
- This position may involve some evening and weekend work. Time in lieu is tracked/granted for work undertaken in the evenings and on weekends with prior approval from the position manager.
Start Date: August/September 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders across sectors to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond. As the charitable arm of CivicAction, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation provides high impact leadership programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in the GTHA. This position will support programs delivered by both parts of the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Help to develop and execute a broad range of communications and public relations activities aimed at growing CivicAction’s brand and fostering connections with external stakeholders including media and partners.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing, as well as other internal colleagues to help develop and implement effective communications programs that support strategic goals and brand identity.
- Lead development of key messages, media releases, backgrounders, newsletters, correspondence, remarks, and other external communications materials.
- Provide advice to Director of Communications and Marketing on communications, including proactively identifying speaking engagements and media opportunities.
- Work with the Development Team to identify areas to enhance communications opportunities for the organization’s donors and corporate partners.
- 3-5 years of communications experience in public relations and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate certificate in marketing, public relations or related field.
- Media relations expertise with existing relationships.
- Experience working with and providing strategic counsel to senior executives.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, August 6, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Communications & Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusive Workplaces & Recruitment:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and family status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.