We’re Hiring: Digital Marketing and Technology Coordinator
Want to be part of building better, more inclusive cities and have fun doing it? Are you a problem solver, lover of technology, and a strong communicator who likes to think boldly? Consider applying to become the Digital Marketing and Technology Coordinator at CivicAction!
Digital Marketing & Technology Coordinator
Position Length: One Year Contract
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary Range: $40,000 to $60,000 annually, 3 weeks vacation, employee benefits and professional development opportunities
- This position is located in downtown Toronto in an open-concept work space.
- Due to COVID19, our team is currently working from home full time. Resources will be provided to enable remote work.
- This position may involve some evening and weekend work. Time in lieu is tracked/granted for work undertaken in the evenings and on weekends with prior approval from the position manager.
Start Date: September 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders across sectors to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond. As the charitable arm of CivicAction, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation provides high impact leadership programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in the GTHA. This position will support programs delivered by both parts of the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and help implement digital marketing and technological solutions to help promote brand recognition and awareness
- Identify and help implement digital and technological solutions to expand stakeholder/civic engagement.
- Help lead the integration of the organization’s digital transformation at the intersection of technology, marketing, and user experience.
- Help to write social media and website copy and where necessary assist with maintaining and updating various digital platforms such as websites and social media accounts.
- Assist in monitoring trending topics on social media/in the Toronto media landscape to identify opportunities for comment and to promote CivicAction’s work.
- Regularly track and report on user experience and lifecycle with the brand (ie) website, newsletter, social media, etc., and ideate ways to improve this experience
- Update and maintain a contact management system using Salesforce.
Familiarity with the following programs is required:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
- MailChimp or another e-marketing platform
- WordPress or another website management system
- Google Analytics and Adwords
- 1-3 years of communications experience in digital marketing and communications
- Experience working with and providing strategic counsel to senior executives.
- Social media expertise and advanced knowledge in social media strategies, best practices and tools.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 6, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Digital Marketing & Technology Coordinator” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Commitment to Inclusive Workplaces & Recruitment:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and family status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.