We’re Hiring: Director
Want to be part of building better, more inclusive cities and have fun doing it? Are you a strategic thinker, people leader and communicator who likes to think big, build new relationships and drive real & meaningful impact? Consider applying to become a Director at CivicAction!
Position Length: Permanent
Reports to: Vice President – Activation
Salary Range: $80,000 to $100,000 with 3 weeks vacation, employee benefits and professional development opportunities.
- This position is located in downtown Toronto in an open-concept work space.
- Due to COVID-19, our team is currently working from home full time. Resources will be provided to enable remote work.
- This position may involve some evening and weekend work. Time in lieu is tracked/granted for work undertaken in the evenings and on weekends with prior approval from the position manager.
Start Date: June 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders across sectors to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond. As the charitable arm of CivicAction, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation provides high impact leadership programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in the GTHA. This position will support programs delivered by both parts of the organization.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strategic Thinker & Activator: Easily connects dots and identifies opportunities to advance program priorities; determines program/initiative goals and oversees successful execution.
- Results-Focused: Driven to meet or exceed goals and objectives, strong focus on outcomes and action, and proven ability to leverage resources available and solve problems creatively to get the job done.
- Strong People Leader and Relationship Builder: Ability to lead, coach, motivate and inspire diverse teams, work effectively with colleagues and partners, and identify new partnership opportunities and manage stakeholders.
- Strong Communicator: Ability to communicate with clarity and conviction, and get your message out to a wide range of stakeholders in all formats, including written and presentation skills.
- Promote Innovation & Guide Change: Ability to create an environment that supports bold thinking, values setbacks as a sources of insight and learning, and maintain forward momentum.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Project/Program Design & Delivery
- Execute high-impact programs and initiatives that support CivicAction’s purpose and strategic goals while managing program budgets, operations and strategic direction
- Oversee identification and tracking of key performance indicators related to projects and initiatives and disseminate to various audiences where required
- Contribute to strategic planning, partnership identification and development opportunities across CivicAction priorities and portfolios
- Lead and/or contribute to the development of grant applications and corporate funding applications for specific programs and portfolios
- Manage reporting of funding deliverables to program partners
People & Talent Development
- Manage cross-functional program/project teams and oversee assignment of projects and tasks in both a physical and virtual work environment
- Manage all elements of performance management including regular coaching and feedback, learning and development plans, assessment of performance
- Manage project/program recruitment as required
- Oversee and manage all elements of the volunteer and stakeholder experience related to programs, projects and initiatives
- Work closely with and across the CivicAction leadership team
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to corporate decision-making, provide advice and insight on program strategy and opportunities, advance internal/external priorities, and contribute to operational planning, talent, and budgeting.
- Uphold CivicAction’s purpose, vision and organizational values in all circumstances and interactions and actively work towards building a safe, inclusive workplace for all
- Represent CivicAction publicly on occasion, as needed
- Experience leading diverse teams to achieve results,
- Experience managing relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders
- Experience setting and/or contributing to the development of organizational or program strategies
- Proven project/program management experience
- Knowledge of equity, diversity and inclusion principals is an asset
- Effective communicator in all mediums and formats
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
- Commitment to excellence in program delivery and customer service
- Displays high standards of professional behavior and ethical standards
- Excellent team player who can “get stuff done” while building strong relationships with colleagues.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Director Role” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applications from members of all racialized groups, gender identities and sexual orientations, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and family status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.